The Parent Council is very active and supports the school on many matters. It provides an important link between parents and the school. The Council has one staff member and several parent members. We really encourage all parents to take an active role in supporting the work of the parent council and school.
What we do
The parent council is currently working on the delivery of a 3 year plan which aims to support Dunvegan Primary School deliver an exceptional experience to all those involved with the school and wider community. One of our current priorities is to ensure the delivery of a new School building for the area. We firmly believe this is a minimum requirement to deliver and adequate standard of education for our children but will also contribute significantly to the wider sustainable growth of North West Skye.
- Anna Campbell (Chairperson)
- Sandra Morrison (Secretary)
- Jeanette Slater (Treasurer)
- Catherine Matheson (Parent Representative)
- Corrie Robertson (Parent Representative)
- Marion MacGregor (Teaching Representative)
The objectives of the Parent Council are:
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school, which is inclusive for all parents.
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents.
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To raise funds, apply for and receive grants, and accept gifts for the benefit of the school.